Easy Icelandic Wool Scarf – Using Up Leftover Léttlopi Yarn
Autumn Knitting Mood – A Matching Lopi Yarn Scarf
Every autumn it happens again – the sudden rush of inspiration to make things by hand. Especially knitting! And now, the first scarf of the season is finished.
I knitted it using Léttlopi Icelandic wool, leftover from my sweater project earlier this year. The original plan was to make the Afmaeli sweater, and actually, half of the sweater is Afmaeli. But then I couldn't resist – I wanted to create my own pattern instead of strictly following the instructions 😀
Now I have a matching scarf, and it was super easy to make.
Pattern:
32 stitches on 5 mm needles
Knit in 2x2 rib (knit 2, purl 2)
I used different colors in random stripe widths, just using up the yarns I had left.
I love knitting with real wool, and I’m already thinking… maybe I’ll try the thicker Álafoss Lopi yarn next. We’ll see 😀



Comments
Post a Comment